I am now *open* for review requests. Check out my Review Policy Page for more info

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tackle It Tuesday: Another Week Gone

These past few weeks have seemed so busy for me. I've had finals, then my graduation ceremony, then the starting of my final summer classes. I feel like there has barely been time for me to rest my head. I have missed writing these posts. They are something I enjoy and I definitely need to make more time to devote to it, even when my plate is full.

Some good news though, I am starting a second internship this week. I was supposed to start today, but my manager e-mailed me saying she was going out of town last minute for business and needed to reschedule my training for Thursday.

Unlike my first internship, this one is in an academic setting. I will be working with the South Atlantic Modern Language Association (SAMLA). I will be helping to put together, then run the annual conference and helping with the copyediting of the program. I am really looking forward to it. There should be many skills that I will be learning first hand through this work.

On the topic of learning first hand, I have seen on a lot of job postings that knowledge of InDesign by Adobe is preferred. So in an effort to better myself (and increase my marketability) I am now teaching myself the software. It is surprisingly fun and if I was more artistically inclined, I would love to continue making book covers. As of now though, I am just making mockups of covers and the inside of books. I've already learned a lot.

I am still working on writing up reviews of books I've read and want to post them sometime soon. I'm not sure when exactly they will start showing up more, though. Speaking of which, I've started wondering and worrying that if I get an editing job I will no longer be able to review books, because it may seem like competition or something. I really enjoy reading and reviewing books and would hate to have to stop eventually. Does anyone know if my fears are legit? Or am I just being a worrywart?

I can't wait to talk to you guys through comments and my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment